University Presentations: Last week we hosted Mr. Etzrodt from Yamanashi university ICLA department. Grades 10-11-12 students had a chance to learn about Liberal arts and Yamanashi University.
The next university presentation will be on Thursday, March 1st. One of the high ranking universities, the University of British Columbia representative will be coming to talk to our high school students
Career Week: Another exciting and new event upcoming. We are planning to have a career week to guide the students for their future choices. This will be a week-long event. Speakers who have various experiences will be visiting our school to speak with the students and answer their questions about career opportunities. It will be between February 26th-March 2nd. This event aims Grade 9-10-11-12.
PSAT: Starting from this year we will provide an opportunity for Grade 10 students to take PSAT exam. This is a great chance for students to practice for taking the SAT. It also gives free access to some career websites and scholarship opportunities.
SAT Dates: The next SAT date is March 10
|Studying for the SAT for 20 hours on Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy® is associated with an average increase of 115 points from the PSAT/NMSQT® to the SAT. As of fall 2017, educators can view progress and practice for their classes and individual students using SAT practice coaching tools, making it easier than ever to support students preparing for the SAT.|
Useful Links For Parents:
Parent Webinar Series: Very useful resources to support your child. Free parent webinar series can be reached at this link
Upcoming College Fairs:
1. Kanto Plain College Fair 2018
at Hiroo Gakuen Junior and Senior High School
2 Choose Japan College Fair 2018
Organizations: Japan-based Universities, Colleges,
Session Style: Colleges Booth, Video section for school advertisement
3. International Education Fair
USA, the UK and Australia
Tokyo: March 24
College Advising Tips:
- Start practicing PSAT.
- Practice test dates at the school February 17th and February 24
- Think about future plan and consider the subject choices for the next year.
- WHY IB: Check this video,
- Next SAT is on March 10. Study hard. Join the SAT practice time at the school on Saturdays (except Saturday, Feb 10)
- Focus on your grades. GPA is very important.
- Meet the expectations and deadlines for the Extended Essay and TOK
- Update your college list. Search the universities and make your list better.
- It is time to apply for Japanese universities. Make sure that you know the correct deadlines and requirements.
- Check your essays with the teachers and send your documents in timely manner.
- Make sure you sent your SAT, TOEFL/IELTS scores in advance
- IB students, make sure you informed Ms. Abis to send your IB results to the universities you are applying
As always feel free to get in touch with me if you have any concerns or questions.